13.3.11

There is a Hope

THERE IS A HOPE THAT BURNS WITHIN MY HEART
That gives me strength for every passing day
A glimpse of glory now revealed in meagre part
Yet drives all doubt away
I stand in Christ, with sins forgiven
And Christ in me, the hope of heaven
My highest calling and my deepest joy
To make His will my home

There is a hope that lifts my weary head
A consolation strong against despair
That when the world has plunged me in its deepest pit
I find the Saviour there
Through present sufferings, future's fear
He whispers 'courage' in my ear
For I am safe in everlasting arms
And they will lead me home

There is a hope that stands the test of time
That lifts my eyes beyond the beckoning grave
To see the matchless beauty of a day divine
When I behold His face
When sufferings cease and sorrows die
And every longing satisfied
Then joy unspeakable will flood my soul
For I am truly home

Stuart Townend & Mark Edwards
Copyright © 2007 Thankyou Music

To read the story behind the song click here

Sung by Stuart Townend and band

To buy the sheet music click here

To buy the guitar chords click here

To buy the MP3 click here

No comments:

Post a Comment